Wanna blast the inside of the Engine - what to use?

GreenReaper93

Hey everyone! Well, it's that time of year where I need to give my heap a good engine cleaning. I need something that will completely clean the inside. I've heard you guys mention a thing called seafoam...what is it? Where can I get it? Also, I'm installing a new oil pump and want to get as much gunk out of the engine as possible. Thanks in advance!

GR93

I remember Tug talking about using some kind of solution that included diesel. Maybe he will post that up again. -al

Diesel is as good as any over the counter thing you can buy. I have an ol buddy been a mom and pop garage owner opperator for many years and swears by this system for flushing out the engin. Have seen him pull out rats nest, small birds and even a house cat useing this sysem over the years.

Drain and change the filter. Add 1 gal. of desiel fule. remove the coil wire to prevent the engin from starting. Hit the switch and let it roll over a few times. not long or fast. let it set and drain to the oil pan and turn it over a few more times . Say about 5 seconds each time. Drain the diesel and refill with a mix of 50/50 diesel and cheap motor oil. Drain and replace the filter with a fresh one. Fill with a full run of cheap oil. Start the jeep and let it run a couple of mins. Then drain and replace the filter with a fresh one and your normal good oil! Good to go. This time change the oil one more time at half life of the oil, say 1000 miles or so. This will really clean her out like a dose of salts throug a widdow woman! tug

Back