CJ/YJ hard tops

jay79cj7

I have a 79 CJ7 and the hard top has a sunroof that leaks and refuses to seal. The previous owner really jazzed it up. Well the only time I use the hard top is winter when I don't need a sunroof anyway, so I am keeping my eye open for another cheap used top that doesn't have the sunroof. I found a YJ one that has no glass or gate. Will the glass and gate from the CJ top fit in the YJ top, or would I have to buy the YJ glass and gate?

Try measuring it up or u could take the gate off of ur CJ and see if it lines up b4 u buy it unless its on ebay. I believe to a certain year the wranglers with the factory hardtop had the framed in lift gate like the CJ hard tops, then they went to the full glass liftgate. Im not sure of this but im certain.

od

I found it on ebay and don't have the opportunity to measure it before I buy it. I have read that a YJ top will fit on a CJ, but I am guessing the parts themselves arent interchangeable. Thanks though.

I have one of each, and will try and remember to measure them both tonight. I'll let you know (unless somebody beats me to the punch).

The YJ rear gate is 43" top width, 47" bottom width, and 26" high.

The rear gates are different sizes, but the YJ top will fit on your jeep.

Get a tube of silicone and use the other money for a mod. You should be able to seal it up with a tube or two of translucent silicone.

I used the insulating foam (solid) for pipes to seal the space between the winshield and the top. Worked pretty good for me.-al

Thanks guys. I'll just keep putting sealant on it.

Back