AX15 donor vehicle

lah2420

Hey guys. I'm not getting any good answers from other sites, so I'll try you out. Have an '87 with a wonderful little Peugeot and NP207. Was going to just replace the t-case. Now thinking of doing it and the transmission at the same time. Will the parts from a Cherokee work? Or just the Wrangler? I've heard differing stories as to whether they are interchangable.
Thanks.

i have a wrangler, my donor ax15 came from a cherokee... i had to get a pilot bushing made at a machine shop.. no such bearing sold for the application i was doing... i have a 93 wrangler.. the donor cherokee was a 90.... and my transfercase is now clocked wrong... the front output side is lower than the rear output side... no bad effects from that so far

Like Snitty mentioned the TC in a cherokee is clocked differently than the Wrangler, so I'd suggest sticking with Wrangler trannies unless you want to redrill the transfer case to clock it correctly.

mine to this day is clocked wrong, i had to cut away part of my skidplate to get it to sit without the TC resting on the it... i could have drilled it.. but didn't think of it at the time... after i already had the transmission in, or i would have marked it accordingly... since i have no further problems with this... i'm guessing this will help with my front driveshaft angle after my SOA

Back