Pictures of body lift

Craig

Finished my body lift the other day. Here's some pictures of what the 3" body lift looks like. Doesn't look too bad in the rear since the gap is mostly hidden by the rear bumper/tire carrier. I'm gonna fab up something out of fiberglass to hide the gap in the front. As for doing the lift, everything went smoothly except the one broken body mount bolt in the rear passenger side. We had to cut a hole in the body underside to get at the broken bolt. Just pulled out the old one and put in a nut and large washer...no big deal. As for extending the steering shaft, it's not needed. The shaft will extend out enough on it's own and there's no extension bracket needed. I'm thinking about not doing my SOA now and just lifting the motor and doing a belly up on the transmission/transfercase.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Wow! I really like it! Hard to tell if it's a body lift or not. The gap isn't that noticable. Very nice bud!

That looks great. You've got a nice looking jeep there.

Now.....what was the reason you didn't want to do this? :p

They dont make an extension bracket. You were fortunate enought at your shaft wasnt frozen like mine. They are supposed to extend like yours did. Mine, well that was just another 100 bones.

lookin good!!! :lol: i think the motor lift and flush skid is a good mod..it'll give ya some of your shifter back too....

I just realized that with the body lift, I can solve the problem of oil discharge on my York compressor. I now have enough room to stand it upright.

Yeah man, it looks great Craig. Just don't take the crap from people when they say, "why would you put a 3" body lift on?"

Looks very good!! Hopefully this makes people stop criticizing body lifts so much! Did you have to cut out around the shifter like everyone claims you HAVE to do? (i didn't)

88Wrangles said:
Looks very good!! Hopefully this makes people stop criticizing body lifts so much! Did you have to cut out around the shifter like everyone claims you HAVE to do? (i didn't)
I didn't have to cut around the shifter but 2'nd, 4'th and reverse just hit the back part of the floor around the shifter so I'm gonna trim it back about 1/2".

dana 35

Wow, that looks nice! Great job. That Warn bumper with tire carrier covers up that gap really well. thanks for sharing pics.-al

as nice as THAT job looks, and as functional as it is for tires.. and as easy as it is... i would still NEVER go more than 2 inches with a body lift

K_K_PSI_GUY said:
Wow, that looks nice! Great job. That Warn bumper with tire carrier covers up that gap really well. thanks for sharing pics.-al
My rear bumper/tire carrier isn't made by Warn. It's made by a local company on the North Shore of Vancouver (anyone who's serious into mountain biking may have heard of the North Shore) called Serious Metal. It was about $500. less than the Warn and if I have any problems with anything from this company, they'll back their products.

Back