frankiefire702 is offline Senior Member
    I have an 01 tj with a 1" bl. I just put in my tc drop last night and now my jeep won't stay in 2nd or 4th gear. Someone told me there is an inner rubber boot it could be hitting. I was wondering if I can remove this boot without affecting anything else. Also does any one know where and how many mounting screws are holding in the center console? Thanks in advance.

jeep90 is offline Senior Member

popping out of 2nd and 4th

yeah you can remove the boot, and if that doesnt do the job get out the sawzall and trim the opening a little.

strosandjeeps2 is offline Junior Member
    Do you need a transfer case drop with a body lift? I thought the body lift would not change the drive line angle.
    1988 Jeep YJ Sahara Edition. 258 with Weber38 Carb. 2 in lift. Posi-lok. Bestop softtop and seats. 31x10.50 BFG All-terain tires on EagleAlloys rims.

Sorry, I should clarify I also have a rubicon express 3.5" kit in addition to the body lift.

hi_c is offline Senior Member
    Remove the shifter boot and trim away the sheet metal where the shifter hits when in 2nd & 4th (and probably reverse too).

Corey
    89 YJ 2.5L, 4\" Hell Creek Susp., .5\" homemade lift shackles, 33x10.50 on TJ Grizzly Alloys, Herculined tub, K&N, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Russell extended stainless brake lines, & a Congo Cage w/ Yakima bars
    http://coreyandhis.jeepz.com

Thanks for the info guys.

LGR
    LGR is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, i had the same thing, I didn't feel like trimming so i just lost the lowering kit. I have an SYE though.