YJ wiper conversion

jeepfan555

Not to long ago I saw an advertisment for a conversion kit that made YJ wipers sit flush with the bottom of the wndshield. (similar to TJ wipers) Does anyone know where to find these?

Yeah I saw those online or something. Cant remember the name of the company. I guess if the wipers bug you it would be a worthwhile investment.

I've always wondered about those. If the wipers sit flush like a TJ's, would they move far enough across the windshield to wipe the whole windsheild or would they stop short. If they do sit flush and will wipe the whole windshield, then the kit must include new arms (whatever they're called) that are inside the windshield frame that move to make the wipers move.

The kit modifys the wiper arm and such, and supposedly it wipes more of the windshield than a stock wiper. Hmmm.... Now I am thinking about doing this mod....

I kinda like the looks of my windshield with mud all over it except for those two v-shaped areas!

image-missing.png

I like both the inside and the outside view!

i have always wondered why they made them like that. Oof my buddies got a 94 yj when we were in highschool. Which is what led to me getting a jeep ,but those windshiled wipers always bothered me.

From what I remember, there was a small advertisement in JP magazine. I remeber going to the site and seeing that the kit cost like under $40 but you had to drop the windshield to modify it. It wiped the entire windshield and and sat flush. I wanted to get it but lost the site. Maybe I still have the mag. I'll have to look for it.

I think the stock wipers are kind of a traditional look thing. The only line of sight issue I ever had in a Yj was when I had soft upper doors in the winter and the snow/ice wanted to stick to the side windows. I put a hotter thermostat in there and problem solved.

IMO there are better ways to spend $160.

Back