Jeep Top Comparison - Half Top or Full which do you prefer

workingclass78

Just recently bought a half top by Best Top, though I have not installed it I think I rushed into it too quick.

Should I have gotten a full origional top or is this thing really stylin and a better alternative to the traditional?

Whatda youz guyz think?

I have the factory soft top and love it...i know peole that have the best top ones, i think they look a little more rounded and funny looking from the back then the factory top. But its all taste. put on the best top, if ya like it keep it, if not, return it.

I prefer the full soft top because of more storeage space. Going on road trips or camping is a pain with a half top because there's nowhere to put anything.

I had a half top for a while and really liked the way it looked, but the loss of storage space and seating brought me to sell it soon after. The TJ half tops do look pretty cool. It's up to you, but I would try to exchange it before you install it if you think you won't be happy with it.

i personally like my full top...lots of storage space but can be a bit colder for teh first efw minutes comesintertime when you have to heat the extra space rather then half of it but i would much rather keep the full top and just wear a bigger jacket

This is a very timely post for me, cause i'm lookin' at the fold back "sunrider" type half top by Bestop. Plus, I just think the half top is just more sporty, but that's just me.

I like the idea that you can fold back the halftop at anytime, and still pull your doors of in the summer. Plus, you don't have to disassemble the whole thing when you decide to go open air.
image-missing.png

If storage and passangers are not of your concern, then the halftop would be a good choice, but My personal recomendation, and this is soley my experience, get a supertop, and then go on ebay and purchase a bikini top and a tonoeu cover. and a wind jammer if so desired. it will cost a little more, but in the long run it will be the best of both worlds!

Back