Creative High Lift Storage on TJ's?

LadyJeepFreak

Hook a Lady Up with Lift Info.

:shock: God I am being a pain. I haven't been in the tech forum for months.

Now, I'd like to move my high lift off the rear bumper. I have an 03 TJ and am looking for creative places to store it. I've seen it on the hood mounts of a CJ but mine aren't the same bolt patterns. I've seen it on the rear roll bar of TJ's but I didn't pay attention to what other mods in space had to be done when it's stored that way.

Any ideas or pics of your high lift install on a TJ? Thanks!

Lady

92 - 95 factory roll cage

I mounted mine across the rear roll bar with no problems. I used an exhaust clamp on one side and a fence post clamp with a wing nut on the other side. Top still goes up and down wth no problems. These are the only pictures I have.
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

good deal i got is the tough stuff hoodrack... only bad thing is you need to oil it more but its worth it its outta teh way and doesnt block your view and ive never got caught up on it lol i would hope not

Check out www.acmejeepparts.com

There's a new one in there from ToughStuff. It looks like it has multiple uses (ax/shovel and hi-lift) mount. You can also get a light bar set up for it, but I wouldn't do that. I've got the window frame mounted KC lights and the glare off the hood is bad sometimes.

Two muffler clamps and you can easily mount it to the rollbar above the tailgate. Two wingnuts makes it quick and easy to get to when you need it, and it's clean so it's reliable.

Frankie

Looks nice! Is yours a 48 or 60 Inch? I wonder if 60 fits? I think that's what I have.

Also, thanks everyone for the links. This is just what I needed to get some research going. I really appreciate it!

Lady

if it fits across the bumper and doesnt stick out on the sides, its probably a 48". i like the look and convenience of the hood mount myself.

I moved my highlift from the rear bumper a while ago since it got smacked and jammed in between rocks. My dad's buddy(Cross Enterprises)builds offroad bumpers and he built me this swell front bumper with the width and highlift mounts that I wanted.
image-missing.png

I asked him if he could put on highlift storage mounts on the front bumper. But something that would be out of the way of the winch. He has these cylinder pieces that are removable if I wish not to run a highlift on the front bumper. There is a screw on the top of each of these cylinder pieces and they are offset to fit all sizes of highlifts.(mines a 48 incher)
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

You mention that you saw the hood rack on a CJ, they make those for TJ's too. That's what I'm getting.

HighLift252l-2.jpg

It's $79 on Quadratec.

Backfiring help

Thank You everyone. I am seriously thinking of just dumping the high lift and giving it away for an auction item at my local jeep club. Mine's a 60 and is way too long for the jeep. I have a winch anyway, and use it more than that jack so far. I winched myself out lof a ditch ast weekend, that was way cool compared to pre-winch days of self unsticking. lol

Mingez I didn't know they had hood racks, although I don't want to spend 80 bucks either. I already bought that stupid 4x4 rack for it (rear bumper).

I'll figure it out, thanks for the options though!

Lady

That jack may come in handy if the Jeep stalls or you have to be pulled from the rear. Sell it and get the 48". They are pretty cheap at the Tractor Supply Co if you bridge people have them out there :lol:

I have a 48" wanna trade? It's like new. It would have to wait 'till we head down the shore, but I'd be game if you're interested.

Twisted, you are a treat! Between you and JoeJeepNY I don't know what to say! I wouldn't mind a trade either but will you be able to use a 60"? I don't want you to be out on the deal. It wouldn't be a rush to me either way because like I said I haven't used the darn thing yet anyway! lol Sometimes I come north too, I could let you know sometime if you do wanna trade. Thanks for the offer.

Lady

Lady I actually wanted the 60" jack, but the TSC only had the 48". It was a great deal so I bought it.

I'm going to put it on the XJ when I buy or make a roof rack so no loss here. As for the YJ, it will get a winch up front and I'll probably just remove the "bumperettes" in the back and mount the hi-lift to the rear crossmember (where the rear bumper mounts to) when I hit the trails with it so the 60" won't be a problem there either.

If you or someone you know is headed over the bridge, I work in AA County and live near Towson so just let me know. If the family and I get a weekend trip to the beach (OC) within a few weeks like we hope to I'll let you know, but my work schedule has been changing at short notice so that is looking like it may not happen.

Back