Cepek Lift?

jay79cj7

RE: Jeep Decals

I am thinking of getting a Richard (can't say the other name) Cepek 2.5" suspension kit for my CJ-7. I do want 2.5", not 4". Does anybody have any experience with this kit or other advice on Cepek? I can't find any reviews for this kit on the web.

Thanks!

Ha Ha Ha - :lol: Fuzzy Bunny! That's a good one.

RE: fuzzy bunny Cepek Lift?

Wow, that is weird. I definitely did not type that or anything like it. I did look at an old post named that after searching for Cepek before posing.

OK, so I get it now. I can't use the guy's name because it is slang for wang.

I know nothing about them except they go for cheap on eBay!

Thats why I was asking... I found a site that sells them for 300 + 75 shipping too. It makes me wonder what's wrong with them?

I have no experience with that specific lift, but even the Superlift 2.5" rides pretty good. The ride should be okay. The only real concerns would be component life and quality. A cheap lift isn't so cheap if the bushings or shocks are poor quality and you have to upgrade or replace prematurely, or you have to buy a bunch of extra stuff to install it. That money could be better spent to buy the more expensive, and often better, kit the first time around.

Well, let me ask the more general question then... What do you guys recommend as far as brand name goes then? I feel bad asking this because these types of questions seem to be asked all the time, but I guess its my turn now. :lol:

RE: YJ Shackle lift problems!!!!!!!!!

hey don't feel bad about it... i'm sure there would be a lot of questions i'd ask if i were to get into the stuff that i don't read about much here... asking is the path to knowing

as far as quality... check to see what kind of bushings they use.. what kind of shocks... all that... how complete is the set.. lots of questions you could be asking yourself while looking into it

RE: YJ Shackle lift problems!!!!!!!!!

I think Cepek is the old Black Diamond lift.

BDS is a nice lift. You get about 3" out of a 2" or 2-1/2" after you flex it around for awhile.

RE: np435 (new big transmission)

Ritt said:
I think Cepek is the old Black Diamond lift.

BDS is a nice lift. You get about 3" out of a 2" or 2-1/2" after you flex it around for awhile.

The Black Diamond lifts that are out there now have flat spring seats like OME.

Re: RE: Re: New Member...

OK, well thanks for the input guys. I appreciate the responses. Now to make a decision...

Back