Side markers not flashing (post split)

red89yj

RE: Re: RE: studding tires

are the side markers supposed to blink with the front ones when you flick on the signal or hazards? mine stay solid but i want them to blink when the fronts flash and stay solid when they arent. how do i do that?

(sorry, not trying to hijack, it just seems relevant)

Rich

Hi,

red89yj said:
are the side markers supposed to blink with the front ones when you flick on the signal or hazards? mine stay solid but i want them to blink when the fronts flash and stay solid when they arent. how do i do that?

(sorry, not trying to hijack, it just seems relevant)

Rich

It depends what model and year the Jeep is. For example, the early Cherokees (like pre 1990) did not flash the side markers with the turn signals. All newer Cherokees did. The TJ Wrangler is also setup to flash the side marker lamps with the turn signals. Sorry, I don't know about the YJs.

As to whether you can make them flash, the answer is YES. There are two ways to do it: Using a relay cluster or by doing a series/paralell wiring trick. Both ways make you alter quite a bit of wiring. I did exactly what you want to do on my Cherokee's front side marker lamps. I used the relay method because I use L.E.D. lighting and the series/parallel trick probably wouldn't work well on anything besides Incandescent lamps.

Before I get into any specifics (there are many), it would be nice if this topic was split into a new thread (by a Moderator), to keep it clear (it gets pretty off topic for this thread) :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

cj7 hardtop with doors

Hi,

So were you interested or not? If so, I can dig up a schematic and help you do this... but I don't get much time on the boards except on weekends anymore.

RE: O.T. -- Belt Sander Drag Racing

??? Hey Nick, just wonderin... What type of project are you working on now?

Hi,

jps4jeep said:
??? Hey Nick, just wonderin... What type of project are you working on now?

Well, whenever I'm not doing school and college admissions stuff, or working, I'm working on:

- In the initial stages of making my Wrangler an LPG/Gasoline hybrid (hope to be done in a couple months)
- Finishing work on a Pulse Width Modulation type motor controller for my Cherokee's power steering pump. (I'm discovering that power electronics are sort of tricky)
- Making a larger, smarter battery charger so I can charge the many AAA and AA size NiMH batteries that we use around here quicker (charging them four at a time in a charger that takes all night is driving me crazy).
- Finishing off the whole-house structured wiring project I started way too long ago.

The typical small projects :roll: :mrgreen:

Back