gauges quit working?

Mxpx182lit

RE: Sorry to brag......

The dash gauges on my 99 quit working about a week ago and i cant figure out why. I;ve replaced the fuse twice (even though it wasnt blown and still isnt) and when i took the dash apart all looked well. I cant stand not knowing my speed or how much gas i have. Please help! Thanks in advance, Justin.

RE: another fuel tank question

Do you get an airbag light?

Could be a bad BUS connection where the guage cluster plugs into the wiring harness. Many jeeps have a TSB issued that covers this. To fix you have to seperate the connection and bend the wire tabs inside the connector to make better contact. Then pack with dialectic grease and reconnect, securing it together with zip ties.

RE: SNOW!

well i have an airbag light, but thats becasue i have a Grant steering wheel with no airbag and thats been on since the steering wheel swap.

RE: Radiator ?

well since you have an airbag light on all the time... this could still be the problem... you just wouldn't have any other signs to signify it

rusty floorbaord

Well i finally got around to looking at it, and i noticed the ground wire that bolts behind them goes to nothing. Where is it supposed to go? I bent the tabs and they are still not working. Any other suggestions?

ok, it turned out to be a blown fuse. I checked the oned behind the glovebox, but i forgot about the ones under the hood.

Back