Hard Tops

MDMedic

Can anyone offer any information on aftermarket hard tops for a TJ? Who offers the best products vs price, etc. Any help that anyone can offer would be much appreciated.

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Best bet for a hard top is to get a used factory one, I've never known anyone to buy an aftermarket hard top, they are usually very pricey.[addsig]

What Bob said (damn, I gotta stop agreeing with him
image-missing.png
). I picked mine up for $700 last winter. The fit and finish of the aftermarket ones just don't seem to compare to the OEM units. Another thing, I've normally heard nothing but complaints about the "targa" style tops. Granted, most have been the Steel Horse ones, but the common complaints are poor seals between the two pieces and bad leaking problems.[addsig]

I have a pavement ends Targa Top and love the top it fits well seals nice but! Do not buy one as the company will not sell parts after you spend the bucks to buy one. I wanted to buy new weather striping, and a couple of very simple parts and no way would they even talk to me about selling. A used jeep top for your modle is a best bet. Tug[addsig]

Back