Front Driveshaft Spinning

bigbp28

RE: Question to moderators

My front driveshaft is spinning with the t-case lever in 2wd. I looked under the Jeep and the linkage is not broken. It looks like everything is operating correctly. Any suggestions?

RE: YJ 15 to 20 gal tank conversion

Normal for a TJ. It is connected through to your axle so if the wheels are truning, so is the DS.

Exactly.. you would need manual hubs to stop the front shaft from spinning on the TJ.

AR 15

Bounty__Hunter said:
The front shaft will also spin slightly on YJ's when in 2wd, it's parasitic drag through the open diff.

And if you don't like it, grab the front drive shaft (with it in 2wd) and rotate it a few times manually. It should then stop rotating until you put it back into 4wd.

RE: Belt Replacement

88Wrangles said:
Bounty__Hunter said:
The front shaft will also spin slightly on YJ's when in 2wd, it's parasitic drag through the open diff.

And if you don't like it, grab the front drive shaft (with it in 2wd) and rotate it a few times manually. It should then stop rotating until you put it back into 4wd.
Cool.

See I told ya. Ya learn something new every day !

What's your worst Jeep wrenching injury?

88Wrangles said:
Bounty__Hunter said:

Please note, however, that you should allow the vehicle to come to a complete stop before attempting! :lol:

RE: Stuck in the Rio Grande

hahaha. Ya, that might help a little Sparky.

You might also want to put on the parking brake or put it in park too!!

Back