Transmission problems

Mxpx182lit

On the way from school to lunch today, i notices the automatic transmission on my 99 was acting really wierd. After coasting, when i would hit the gas it wouldnt engage the gear untill high RPM and then spin the tires. When i stopped to look(about 1 mile), i noticed all my fluid was on the ground! Well upon inspection, i found that one of the transmission hoses that we had repared from a past wheeling incident had come off. Simple enough. I put the hose back on, refilled the transmission with ATF3, and it seemed like it was working right again untill it was time to shift to 3rd. It will just keep going up to the rev limiter and never shift out of second into 3rd, even i let off the gas it just engine brakes. The only way i can get it to 3rd is get way up in second, put it in neutral, rev it up more, and then drop it back into drive, then it will shift (occasionaly). What would be causing this???

Well i just checked it again, and it was really low but none had leaked out??? How does this work? Anyway, i put in 2 1/2 quarts more making the total about 5 1/2 quarts. (i spilled a half i think) How much do these darn things need? It is working a little better now, it will shift into 3rd, but you have to let off the gas and be going pretty fast. It also wont go into 1st unless you come to a complete stop and wait about 2 seconds. I dunno what to do as this is my only car right now (nova is getting a new engine and transmission) and i need to get to school and appointments. Please Help! Thanks
Justin

A dry auto will take anywhere from 8 to 14 qts to fill it. AS long as you didn't burn it up you;ll probably be ok.......keep checking it..

Back