light bar light wiring routes

95yj

i just ordered a windsheild mount light bar for my yj,anyone have some pointers on running the light wiring?,if it helps i have a hard top.

I just ran mine out the front edge of the door jamb, and up the channel next to the windshield. I have a soft top, so I don't know if that channel is there with the hard top. What kind of light bar did you get?

OR

I have seen them drill a hole in the windshield frame, and run the wires through there, and seal it up real good!

Me too, but that was just too much work. Besides, if I ever want to get rid of my lightbar, I don't want to have a hole in my frame....oh, wait.....I had to drill 4 holes in it to mount it.........

RE: Forum rules and guidelines

i got the roto-bar!!!,with 5x7 kc's,hopefully it will work out nice!!!thanx for the input

Oh. Good luck with that. They look good, but I've heard a lot of people say they don't like them because they rattle and don't stay in place very well. Maybe they've made them better since then, though. Be sure and post a pic when ya get it on!!

How are you mounting it? I bought mine at a 4wd shop here used with the lights on it (some off-brand things, but they're darn bright). No mounting hardware or instructions, so the gang here helped me out with suggestions. I got some molly screws to mount it, and it's on right and tight now! I got a KC light switch and wiring kit for it, too. I think the bar with lights was $25, and the wiring kit was around $10. I got the molly screws at a local machine shop, 25 for $2!! Only used 4 of them, so if you need some let me know.

Back