Dana 60 REAR axle

prariepunk

RE: rough idle 4l

Hey y'all, I just wanted to ask about the D60 rear axle? Good strength, good gear choices, (IT WOULD BE A GOOD BUY FOR $.99! ! !) I may have gotten my hands on one with 4.10 gears and a L/S diff with drum breaks. Would it be worth it or will I have a bunch of problems? I'm just collecting axles now :wink: (I have 4 for sale right now, my wife LOVES it [heavily sarcastic])

RE: ROUGH IDLE

Semi-float or full float? What is it out of?

I don't know alot about them. I'm sure you have less gearing and traction adding options with it. I also believe all SF D61s are C-clip retention axles, but I may be wrong. I've always just heard to not bother with one.

How much?

If it's cheap, get it. They are pretty strong rear ends

Yeah, I think I would go pick that up right away!

but......I'd offer him $0.89 and be FIRM about it......you have to haggle a little :lol:

RE: Boxers or Briefs?

Junkpile said:
but......I'd offer him $0.89 and be FIRM about it......you have to haggle a little :lol:
Well so much for haggling... it just went up to $17 :( a budy offered more for it bit I offeed $17.50 :lol: and it's as good as mine 'till he offers $18

RE: Re: RE: Boxers or Briefs?

Yeah but I didn't wanna say anything before I got it. . . some people are kinda underhanded... I've seen it in the most friendly crowds. There is almost always one in every crowd.

The guy who was selling it tried to back out once the bidding was over!!! He had it as a "No Reserve" item and wanted to get more than $61 for it. He tried to take it off of ebay but it wouldn't let him :twisted: . I called him up and talked to him for a little bit, boy was he mad! He DID NOT want to part with it that cheaply, but due to ebay's policy he was in an "obligating contract" or something similar. I get to go pick it up with in the week. I hope to go with disc breaks and install an axle emergency break (my jeep is E-breakless right now). How big can I go with a D44 on a trail rig, 37"s?

Oh yeah.... I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, I GOT IT

RE: Oh, happy day!!!

I thought it was a friend and you could get it for a couple bucks????

When did it go onto Ebay?

Uh... it's been on ebay the whole time. I didn't wanna jinx myself, last time I gor excited over an ebay item it sold out from under me (1979 Ford Bronco w/460ci)

RE: Re: RE: Do I need to regear for 33

I think what he was saying is, he didn't want to say it was on Ebay, b/c he was afraid someone on this board may outbid him, and take it from him.

Back