cheap hedder

duff

RE: Re: RE: Large turkey sub

can anyone recommend a smog legal hedder for a 84 cj with a 258 that doesnt cost a boat load of cash ? i know borla makes a nice hedder but i cant see spending 400 bucks even if it is stainless . there has to be something out there . has anyone taken a non-smog unit and converted it ? i havent had a computer in over a year and its sure nice to be able to bounce ideas off people again. { my computer just stoped working one day and the only way i could afford to buy a new one was to dip into the "new tire fund". needless to say i bought the tires. i figured 33" BFGs looked better on the jeep than a new computer on the table.}

RE: SMOG PUMP REMOVAL

Pacesetter makes nice headers. I have one hanging in my garage waiting for the POR20 to dry. I would spend the extra $$ on the ceramic coating, that way it doesnt become rusty. Or save some money and sandblast it, then POR20 it -like im doing. Cant wait to have this baby on!

The pipes are - almost - equal length +/- 1-2" and it comes off the motor in 2 sets of 3 pipes joined together by a Y pipe in front of the cat. It also goes in front of the oil sump which can save you from smashing it on rox... BTW I own a 87 YJ.

what about a hedder kit? i dont mind doing some welding, especially if it will save on cash but i havent been able to find one and you never really know what your getting into with used hedders untill its too late. i'm hoping/planning on installing a 1959 dodge 315 hemi that i'm rebuilding into the jeep in about a year so a high dollar hedder would just get yanked out but at the same time i dont want to wrestle with a old warped one either. maybe i should just leave it alone but wheres the fun in that ?

Back