speedo gear?

jeeprookie

My local Jeep dealer told me the lowest speedo gear they offered was one with 28 teeth. According to all the charts, I need a 26 tooth for 3.07 gears and 33" tires. Whats up with that?

Its probably right. I couldn't find the right speedo gear for mine either. I ended up getting one from a local driveshaft guy, he keeps all the speedo gears nobody wants. Maybe check around in a place like that.

Or regear your axles to 4.11 and get a 36 tooth.

RE: Factory wheel backspacing

There probably aren't alot of people running 33's on 3.07 gears. Just a guess.

RE: Jeep transporting help needed

yeah i guess ill just keep the stock speedo gear until I get 4.11's.
the only problem is the one shop i called wants $500 per axle to swap gears (thats just labor). It cost me $1400 to regear my Ford f150 i used to have and that was from a different shop. So Ill keep calling around i guess until I find a better price. If I dont find a better deal I might be rolling with 3.07 for a while.

My Gibson cat-back exhaust is banging on a bar in the back

Check with jeep for this part number: 52067626

There's a lot of jeepers running 33" and 3.07, until they upgrade first chance they get. I had that setup, but replaced the 258 with a 350, then the 3.07 wasn't so bad.

RE: My Gibson cat-back exhaust is banging on a bar in the ba

Yeah I'm running 3.07 with 33"... it is very common, anyone with a 6 cyl manual who goes with 33" on stock gears runs that.

Back