Roberto is offline Junior Member
    Hi guys,
    My 97 TJ 4.0L is revving too high. This happens when the engine is warm. It doesn't happen all the time though. Sometimes when I Clutch in the revvs just take of to 2000, and then drop back to 1500 until I take off.
    I have doen the ignition check and only code 55 comes up. I have a suspicion it is the TPS. Anyone have any thoughts??
    Thanks in advance...

Bounty__Hunter is offline Moderator

RE: Oil leak Diff. near wheel

I'm guessing a dirty or faulty IAC (Idle air control) motor. It's located on the passenger side of the throttle body and the IAC housing is held on with 4 tamper-proof torx bolts. I'd remove and clean this housing, being careful not to strip the bolts.

Roberto is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Bounty Hunter. Can you give me a bit more info on what to do and where the IAC is located? Remember, I am in Australia and our steering wheel is on the right hand side of the car...
    Is the housing easy to remove?? And all I have to do is clean it inside??
    Any more info would really help...
    Thanks...

Bounty__Hunter is offline Moderator

RE: Career Change 2: Radiologic Technology

Then the IAC housing is on the driver's side in your instance. It's easy to remove the IAC housing by removing the 4 tamper-proof torx holding it on. Clean it well, and you should notice a difference.

The entire throttle body is easy to remove and clean, I'd do the whole thing at once.