1st time with new lift!

hoobness

RE: Almost crashed suspension help needed ASAP

Hey all,
Today i had some time to kill before work so I thought Id find somewhere to beat up my new stiff spings on, and found a gold mine! Theres this new subdiv. going in near my house and a they just ripped through the forest this week, the logs and hills, branches, ruts etc. were still there for the climbing. It was awesome.
I kept getting in & out of the jeep to see how well the articulation was, I have to say even though it was a blast, I was not impressed with the articulation at all. I see you uys pics and I had no where near the flexibility. I had the swaybar disconnected too. You can just tell by looking at the shocks that the flex wasnt there. I was thinking the cab would remain somewhat horizontal, while the axels climbed over everything. Maybe I just gotta keep it up, I got plans to do it all day tomorrow anyway. maybe the springs need to be worked more..?
Do I need a telescoping trackbar (JKS)

Anyway, got a question:
Is the suspension supossed to make "twisting metal" like noises -pops and clunks as i go up and over things?
theres definatly nothing visibly wrong with any components, I am new to having a lift and really "working" my jeep, even though Ive owned it 4 years.

RE: Re: RE: Random Poetry...

Make sure your shocks are the right size. I think your springs are just stiff. Just keep driving it and give your springs some time to brake in. What brand of suspension did you get and what kind of jeep?

93 4.0 HO pings & ticks

a quick disconnect for the front trackbar can be great when your offroad. just remove the bolt thats there, get a clevis pin and a clip pin to go into the clevis and some washers and you can disconnect it to afford your leaf springs more movement. the springs probably just need to break in. ive got several friends running 4"lifts that flex almost as good as my SOA

Back