Attempted theft

laneiac

Steering on my Yj

So, the other night I go to jump in the fiance's jeep and I notice something isnt right. My key wont go into the ignition. It has a knife or screwdriver broken off inside and the steering column has been ripped apart. Guess we were lucky they didnt make off with it. They also were kind enough to leave a baggie of crystal meth behind on the floorboard, an added bonus. So, is it tough to replace the ignintion and column? Or should we just let insurance take care of it?

RE: Re: RE: Name Your Dream Car (or Rig)...Money

If it is more than your deductable, then by all means use the insurance. That's why you have it!

RE: How much should i sell my YJ for?

I ain't gettin' into the insurance stuff again!!! (Ok, I will....yeah, use your insurance, that's what it's for). Otherwise, you should have the ignition and column installed, engine overhauled, car washed, waxed, detailed, and painted in about 2 minutes if you use the meth they left behind!!

Re: RE: Offehauser Intake Manifold on a 4.0 head will it wor

Dont now what type of jeep you have, but that is why I bought the removable steering wheel from grant for my yj. Let the thief hop in. He will have no way to steer it and the colum has a lock on it.

Dude, sell the meth and use that money to fix it and to buy your Jeep some other goodies while your at it.

Sorry to hear the happened though. Good thing the knife broke off in there and they couldn't get it to start!!

Yeah, I kinda laughed when I thought about how stupid these guys musta been. Then a huge smile came across my face when I saw that they lost their rock. Serves the dopers right.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Politics, religion, and her

laneiac said:
Yeah, I kinda laughed when I thought about how stupid these guys musta been. Then a huge smile came across my face when I saw that they lost their rock. Serves the dopers right.

Seriously, though, keep an eye out. They may come back looking for it. No matter how small the amount, a meth tweaker goes berserk when they lose their stuff....ever heard of carpet farming?

The guy could have just been a dealer though. Then he probably wouldn't go as crazy over that little bit (it wouldn't be much loss to him)

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fan issues

I am a police officer, so I have seen my fair share of tweakers. I sat up for two nights with the glock ready to go. Must say, a small part was hoping that he/they came back. :twisted:

RE: Re: RE: Side visors for YJ?

laneiac said:
I am a police officer, so I have seen my fair share of tweakers. I sat up for two nights with the glock ready to go. Must say, a small part was hoping that he/they came back. :twisted:

Can't blame ya there! For some reason, I had forgotten you were LEO. I guess you know the extremes a tweaker will go to for that last little bit of powder (had one in the ER one night that decided to smoke his last bit of powder---in the bag! Couldn't get all the residue out, so he stuffed it in his pipe and lit it!!!! Not the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree, that's for sure.)

Re: RE: Side visors for YJ?

laneiac said:

Did you bait the jeep? If you left the doors off and turned the lights off you would have had a better chance of him coming back. Kinda like my brother 'n law did over a racoon. Baited the trash can with a can of tuna on top. Darkend the house,dressed up in camo and sat in the window with his pellet gun all night long waiting for the masked banded. Figure it should work the same for a crack head. Jeep with no doors and a black house knowing he lost his rock. That is almost as good as crack in hand. Sorry to hear this happend though.

Sparky- Smoked the bag??? Thats hilarious. Those people are absolutely nuts. I must say, I appreciate all of your warnings, because if I wasnt LE I wouldnt know what to expect.

Push- Baiting it would have been a good idea. Its a soft top though with no locks, so he had to know it. Didnt leave the dope in there though cause I was afraid one of the kids around the neighborhood may have somehow gotten near it. But your right, I thought he would be coming back, but for two nights I didnt see him. Maybe he didnt know where he lost it. Or was too high to even remember where he was.

Been and Gone!

laneiac said:
Didnt leave the dope in there though cause I was afraid one of the kids around the neighborhood may have somehow gotten near it.

And if you're a police officer, you'd be screwed if someone happened to see it in there or if you were caught with it :shock:

RE: Re: RE: miss me?

Thats why I let other officers now about it and called an on duty officer to come dispose of it. Just didnt want any questions arising....

laneiac said:
Thats why I let other officers now about it and called an on duty officer to come dispose of it. Just didnt want any questions arising....

So long as he didn't bring a needle and a spoon to dispose of it, I guess that's ok. :lol:

Back