o2 sensor went out

phattie

Switching from a 95 D30 to a 91??

So I go to the dealer (chrysler, the jeep dealer burnt to the ground) to get my engine light checked. They told me it was THE o2 sensor. I figure this is an easy fix that I can handle, pay them $40 and drive over to auto zone. They proceed to ask "which one? Left, right or after cat?". I of course have no idea ask for a Haynes or Chilton and they dont publish one for the TJ as far as we can tell. So I get home duck under Ol' Girl and see one about a foot in front of the cat and one bout 1/2 way between the can and muffler. Is there another one up by the manifold I haven't seen? What is this left and right buisness(its an I6)?? Is there a way to find out if one is still good or gone bad?
BTW they wanted $238 to replace IT after the test. Auto Zone listed the left and right for $50 and the after cat for $75. Now I know why you guys call em stealerships!
Thanks in advance :D

RE: Hello..........

go to auto zone, tell them you have a check engine light on, they will check it. write whatever they tell you is wrong and come back here and let us know.
Or drive to my house and I will hook it up and let you know. :lol:

but if you have the funds I recommend getting both.

Also each sensor has a different connector, although they look very similiar.

bank one is before cat.
bank to is after cat.

oh and rent the tool to put it in, it can be done with wrenches but it is a pain...

RE: start-up shreak

Both Haines and Chiltons make a TJ book...most places I've been to don't have it on the shelves, and you have to ask them to order it. :D

Back