Dieseling on shut down

lah2420

I have the 2150 installed and running----finally. Starts with one pump and seems to run great so far. But now the jeep sputters for about 5 seconds after turning off the key. What causes this? Just for reference, I went from a Weber 32/36 to this 2150 to see which I liked better.

RE: Re: RE: Front hitch

Is it idleing too high? That will cause it to do this.

Or, maybe your timing is a little off. That is the other thing that would cause it.

What kind of Jeep is this? What RPM does it idle at?

1988 YJ built for off road, Gloucester.

87 wrangler. After setting the timing to 8 btdc, it is iding about 900 rpm. I haven't messed with the idle mixture sine resetting the timing. It was advanced to about 11 btdc with the weber.

Have you tried bringing the idle down any more? I'd try like 700-750 RPM's and see if that gets it to stop.

I've had that same problem on a lot of vehicles and if the timings good, it's always cause it's idleing too high.

RE: Steering upgrades on your wrangler

I would say its a timing issue. I can turn off my Jeep at any idle and it dies. I don't know what's under your hood - is there vacuum advance on that distributor. When you set the timing, are you disconnecting that?

RE: Question about Tire Size

I'm setting the timing with the vacuum advance disconnected and plugged. Just put the Weber back on and the problem goes away. I'm sticking with the Weber even if it IS hard starting.

Back