WHat's the difference between a wrangler rio grande and a YJ

Dawnie

What is the difference

I have a quesion .. :oops:
What is the difference between a wrangler - and a wrangler YJ or Tj or any of the other intials .. I see something I wanted to get I am new to being a Jeep owner and they say for use on a 95 Jeep YJ and I was confused if it would fit my wrangler which is a rio grande ..
If u can I would appreciate any info
Thanks
Dawnie

YJ Wranglers are the square headlighted versions. They started in 1987 and ran til 1996. The TJ Wranglers started in 1997. What year is yours?

One more difference between the tj and yj is the suspension. The tj has coil springs while the yj has leaf springs.

Dawnie, the Rio Grande is a trim package. It isn't a part of the model designation, but rather an option available on that model. Like a Sahara or an Islander edition.
Your Jeep is a YJ if it's a 95.

Ok thanks ! I finally get it ..now I can go buy the new top I want my zipper on this one is SHOT

Attachments

• wrangler.jpg
    wrangler.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,441
You'll want an OEM style top for an 87-95 Wrangler with half doors. If you are looking for a factory replacement then the Bestop replace-a-top is a good choice. It will use your existing hardware/frame.

I believe the Jeep in that pic has the "Spice" color top ;)

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa Thank you .. you all are so nice here :eek:)
I am thinking of putting a Black top on it .. I think that would look Better.. well i will findout one way or another lol .. :D

My old Jeep had a spice top and when I replaced it I bought a black one. It looked 100% better.

www.4WD.com (4 Wheel Drive Hardware) has a 3 payment option on Bestop tops ;)

TwistedCopper said:
My old Jeep had a spice top and when I replaced it I bought a black one. It looked 100% better.

www.4WD.com (4 Wheel Drive Hardware) has a 3 payment option on Bestop tops ;)
Cool .. As soon as I replace top I will post a new photo !

Back