I just ordered a new top and was wondering

Dawnie

I notice in the description it said about door curtains and door uppers.. does that mean it would come with the tops of my door(window frame) and the plastic window in the middle ? I was also wondering when I replace my top with a new one and new windows does it usually come with the window on the metal frame? cause my window doesn't have velcro to take it off the hangar..

Dawnie said:
I notice in the description it said about door curtains and door uppers.. does that mean it would come with the tops of my door(window frame) and the plastic window in the middle ? I was also wondering when I replace my top with a new one and new windows does it usually come with the window on the metal frame? cause my window doesn't have velcro to take it off the hangar..

Hi Dawnie,

I'm a little confused on your description. Here, see if this helps;

Does your Jeep have only a half metal door, and the upper part is the fabric with a plastic window?

If that is the case you would order this, if you have a CJ or a YJ or a TJ:

image-missing.png

Notice that the door is metal but the upper part is fabric.

If you have your top already, yes, just discard the old upper door and replace with the new, as it slides right in. The rest of your new top, if a replacement type, fastens over your old hardware; bows, frame rails, etc.

I don't know if this is the best or correct answer to your question, but let us all know please.

Thanks,

There are several top manufacturers out there. Give us a company and a part number and we'll try to help.

Re: RE: 2.5 swap to 4.2 what is involed?

Replacement tops generally come with replacement upper door skins, that wrap around your current door upper's metal frame and secure with velcro. You have to cut your OEM door upper from the metal frame.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Idoling too low

OOOO ok I get it - It's a smittybilt one . and I was looking at the window and wondering to myself how would i get the new one on when this one doesn't have any velro or snaps .. so I have to cut it off .. ok i get it - does that mean I have to throw it away or has anyone ever cut the old one off and maybe got those velro things and put those on so you can possibly reuse it? or is it just trash after that ?

RE: Re: I just ordered a new top and was wondering

once you cut the old ones off they're pretty much throw-aways.

RE: Re: I just ordered a new top and was wondering

What part of PA are you in? We (me, my wife, 4 kids) are moving there soon.

alright, hellcreek, rubicon express, or bds lift??????

I am in Bethlehem - which is northeastern PA , in between allentown and easton ...where are you moving to? PA is HUGE .. lol there is always someone I meet who is like O i live in whatever, PA and I am like HUH always a new city i hear of or something lol .. I was wondering about the windows cause a friend was going to buy the old set from me .. do u suppose he would know the old windows come cut off? or should i tell him I am going to throw them away ?

SOrry for the late reply. Southern York County. I think PASmokeater was from Bethlehem PA, but he moved down south a while ago.

Back