bleeding brakes

yjdave

Re: I just ordered a new top and was wondering

Anyone ever hear of a caliper be'ing bad as to suck air into the line? Got air in the brakes that just won't go away. Everything is new from the master,lines and calipers and have bleed 3-4 qts through the system and still air arrrrrrrrr. :twisted: ...................

yjdave said:
Anyone ever hear of a caliper be'ing bad as to suck air into the line? Got air in the brakes that just won't go away. Everything is new from the master,lines and calipers and have bleed 3-4 qts through the system and still air arrrrrrrrr. :twisted: ...................

Pick up a vacuum brake purge pump from NAPA for a few bucks and pump out your lines (no fluid loss) and that will fix it. Better than bleeding and they are designed for this.

Robrt-Stephens said:
Pick up a vacuum brake purge pump from NAPA for a few bucks and pump out your lines (no fluid loss) and that will fix it. Better than bleeding and they are designed for this.

X2

And they're something that you can always use...so it's a pretty good investment (even thought they're not expensive :wink: )

RE: Re: I just ordered a new top and was wondering

I've heard of people mounting their calipers upside down and never being able to competely bleed them, frustrating them for weeks.

what method are you using in bleeding them - pressure at the master or vacumn at individual corners? LBR

RE: alright, hellcreek, rubicon express, or bds lift??????

Starting from the rear wheel farthest from the MC and ending with the front wheel closest to the MC???

I bought a little pump to bleed mine, but I just used it at the wheels instead of having someone push the brake pedal. Everything else went the same but it was really easy to see when the fluid was coming out without any air bubbles.

pressure method=start at the point farthest (as the fluid travels) from the master cylinder and work towards the nearest - vacumn method=do the opposite..start at the closest corner and work towards the farthest corner - vacumn method can create bubbles that are not air from the line. Air can be drawn in around the bleeder screw that simulates air in the line. pull out the bleeder screw and applying heavy grease to the threads helps diminish air drawn in from the threads. LBR

RE: Offroading Vid

Thanks bounty...the rear disc conversion made the calipers mount backwards. much better now

Back