Mystery Axle

SenorCole86

Alright, I've been having problems with identifying my rear axle since I got a hold of it. I know it's an AMC 20 and has 3.07 gears, but I'm not sure whether or not it is the trac-loc or not. I need to know this because I'm shopping around for traction-adding devices. I would just check the stamp, but it's a stamp no site lists, it's a "Y":

I thought it was trac-loc until I opened it up. That carrier looks way too small to be anything but open to me. Also, wouldn't the clutches be inbetween the spider gears? Here are the rest of the pics:

Someone plese tell me I have a super-rare super-strong AMC 20 look-alike with some space-age laser-cut computer-controlled traction-adding device :twisted: , or at least tell me it's open. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would just check the stamp, but it's a stamp no site lists, it's a "Y":

"Y" is a code letter for a 3.07:1 geared, Trac-Lok equipped, narrow track 20.......

I thought it was trac-loc until I opened it up. That carrier looks way too small to be anything but open to me. Also, wouldn't the clutches be inbetween the spider gears? Here are the rest of the pics:

I don't see any pics :?

The clutches are behind the side gears. At a glance, it looks like an open diff.

dana 30 torque specs

yep, those (funny things) are clips that hold the clutches in place. You got a trac-lock.

RE: Oil Pressure Gauge/Sender?

Definitely a traclock. An open diff only has one rod going through the spiders.

Why can't I see the pics? I've opened this with IE, Firefox, Netscape, and the AOL browser and I still can't see any pics......am I a tard or what?

Back