Chassis repair or replacement questions?

mlschaal

Hey, I'm a brand new CJ 7 owner and have a lot of questions that I hope this site can help me out with. Right now my biggest question is how do I go about either getting a chassis fixed or a new one. I recently bought a CJ that had awesome rebuilds on the engine, trans, etc. but there is serious damage to the chassis that had been painted over. In some spots, some near the shackles, there are holes that are rusted through the metal. I had it inspected and they said it wasn't safe to drive and had no idea of how to fix it. I know I've seen custom built tube frames and other chassis fixes before in magazines, but when I started looking for a place or someone that could help I haven't found anything yet.

Could someone please give me suggestions on what to don and where to look. I live in the Charleston, SC area. Also, if you could tell me what kind of costs I'm looking out, how hard it would be to do myself in a hoppy shop, and the time that I'm looking at for it to get fixed.

Thanks,

mikemlschaal@yahoo.com[addsig]

Hey! I'm in charleston! If you go to the LowCountry Jeep Club website there are a lot of knowledgable guys here in town that could hook you up with some really good mechanics and how to get good replacement parts. www.jeepclub.net Also, we are having a mini trail ride at behind the Wal-Mart on James Island, this sunday at 1:30pm. Check us out!

corey[addsig]

Back