Clutch and Clutch Linkage for stroker/nv3550 swap

GaryMB

RE: 302 in YJ

I'm looking into clutches now for the I6 stroker/NV3550 transmission swap in my CJ7. What I'm wondering is how to hook up the clutch linkage (need to swap to hydrolic), and what clutch to use seeing as the engine is a 1994 and the transmission is a 2004. I will be ordering a remanufactured flywheel soon, so I can choose either 1994 or 2004. This is what I'm considering for the clutch, but don't know if it will work as it is not advertised as being compatible with 2004 Jeeps: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CENT...ryZ33730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem . It's Centerforces Dual Friction Clutch with part number DF193890. Any input?

I like them. It's not just the maximum holding capacity that you have to consider. The Centerforce applies more clamping pressure across the board, but with a pedal pressure that is probably better than factory in some cases. You'll get less fade with heavy repeated use, and less slippage means a longer life. It's just better than factory in all categories.

All of the Centerforce clutches are right at home in a healthy Jeep, and you wouldn't be disappointed with any of them. If the dual friction isn't available for your application, what about the Centerforce Gold (I) or the Centerforce II?

So the clutch is moreso transmission specific? How about flywheel? The reason I was looking into the dual friction is because it's the only centerforce for a jeep on ebay. I would be happy with a centerforce II. Extra holding power and longevity are what I'm after...definately going to need longevity when I rock crawl.

RE: Picture please of this!!!

I emailed Centerforce and they said that clutches are transmission and bellhousing specific, and I should contact the dealer to find out if 2003 and 2004 factory clutches are the same. If so, then I can use a clutch designed for a 2003 wrangler. I'm guessing the flywheel won't make a difference, but probably won't hurt to get one for a 2004 as long as my 1994 starter will work with it. Also, Centerforce recommended their dual friction clutch for my jeep, and it's cheaper anyway to buy a dual friction on ebay than it is to buy a stage II somewhere else. Anyway, now I just need to work out the clutch linkage. Anyone here ever set up a hydrolic clutch linkage on a CJ7?

Back