Windshield wipers

Utah_jeepster

Super Moderator
Ok flat window owners heres the subject.
How long do your wipers last and is there any product out there to help keep them longer and to stop the dreded wiper chatter.

Still have the factory set on mine (April '03) and they work fine.............got a spare set that I haven't yet installed. I know from my past life in Florida that the sun is very deadly on batteries and windshield wipers. So, from my personal experience, I gotta say 2 years - then replace them. I think the product that makes them last longer is RAIN...........or, lack of sun.

Aftermarket alarm system

Mine usually last a year. I've seen a product that you rub on them to protect them from the sun, but have never tried it. I keep a crappy set on it until the rainy season and then swap them with a good pair that I keep in my off road kit. Doing it thay way they usually last a couple years before the old ones loose their rubber.

RE: Pics of Dripping Springs New Mexico (large pics)

I get new wipers every year. I use Rain-X on the windshield - really helps.

Yeah Rain-X works. They make a windshield wiper fluid version as well.

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

I get them every year as well. Mine don't hold up here in Maryland for some reason. They get rusted and dry rotted. I need new ones now, matter of fact.

Lady

If you're using any type of windshield wiper fluid (the blue stuff or the orange stuff from Rain-X), about once a month, use a paper towel to wipe the rubber down with it. This will keep them pliable longer and increase their lifespan. I just put on my second set in almost two years, though. When I bought the Jeep, they were shot, so I got a set of double-blade wipers like I used to run on my Toyota. They really helped cut the mud off the windshield, but unfortunately were way too long. I could only find them as short as 16", and needed 11 or 12" ones. So, they wore out too quick from slapping over the top of the windshield frame. I went back to standard sized single blades this week, but we haven't had any rain, so I don't know how they'll work in the mud.

No Fan, A/C, or heat

every year. They make little tension springs to helpl hold the blade down on the freeway.

Back