Speedometer gear

tomve

BDS lifts

Ever since going to 33" tires and 4.10 gears, my speedometer is off. After living with it for so long, I've decided to change out the gear. Anyone know where to get speedo gears for a CJ? :?

RE: TJ Wrangler X

Try your Jeep dealer, they have the more common sizes, which should include your setup

gear ratios

thanks for the recommendations. I checked out quadratec's catalog on line and they just seem to have gears for TJ's. I think I'll give them a call. The dealer was a good idea. If I get desperate, I will check them out. I'm thinking the dealer would be the most expensive. thanks again! If anyone else has a suggestion that would be great.

RE: Re: RE: TJ Wrangler X

I went to the dealer for mine, they gave me one with the shaft being too short. Ended going to a local driveshaft shop. They keep everything that nobody needs. They had the correct tooth and shaft length for my YJ.

help! need to bring life back to my fender flares

The dealer was a good idea. If I get desperate, I will check them out. I'm thinking the dealer would be the most expensive.

Not always, as I've found out recently. I busted my transmission mount in the TJ doing brake stands in the parking lot at work, and I had to have it fixed ASAP. I called all around town and nobody had one in stock, so out of desperation I called the dealer. They couldn't get one for two days but their price was cheaper than some of the parts houses in town. The one I ended up buying was about 5 bucks more than the price the guy at the dealership quoted.

Re: RE: gear ratios

Dealer likely won't have them, they stated they could no longer get the one I needed for an '88, and that ain't that old. Quadratec and 4wdHardware only carry the newest style speedo gears.

Had to call Tacoma (WA) Speedometer to get mine, 800-6SPEEDO. Shipped out the same day.

My local Jeep guy probably has what you're looking for and he ships anywhere. The name of his company is No Excuses and he can pretty much get you ANYTHING for a Jeep at a reasonable price (usually cheaper than most). His number is 800-923-jeep.

Bounty__Hunter said:
Dealer likely won't have them, they stated they could no longer get the one I needed for an '88, and that ain't that old. Quadratec and 4wdHardware only carry the newest style speedo gears.

Had to call Tacoma (WA) Speedometer to get mine, 800-6SPEEDO. Shipped out the same day.

hmm.. let's see... 17 years.. nah, it's not old... lol

Back