CJ7 runs sluggish, need help

PhishHead

Can anybody give me some ideas as to why my CJ7 runs so sluggish. I have to let it warm up for about 5 minutes or it will stall. I just had the carborator rebuilt and was wondering what else can cause this. Please send suggestions.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Manual or electric choke?

Are you in a state where the temps outside are nice and frosty?

image-missing.png
[addsig]

I had a similar problem with 80 CJ7 258 auto. I did several things that really helped a lot... First thing I did was to replace the ignition system with a TFI setup, check out the How To Section ($85). Then I replaced all the vacuum lines($4)...fixed a few leaks and missings lines that finally allowed my vacuum advance to work. Replaced the PCV valve and PCV breather element($6). Finally I gave the EGR system a good look, found the EGR vavle was sticking and that someone had tried to do some strange things with the vacuum lines here as well. Before, my CJ ran sluggish and really had a hard time running when it was cold. For less than $100 and about 4hours of work my CJ will actually spin its 31X10.5 tires now! I'm still planning on replacing my Carter with a Weber, but that will have to wait until after the holidays! Good luck.[addsig]

Back