Throttle body spacer

kd5uwg

Hey I have a 02 tj with a 4.0.. Has any one ever used the 62mm throttle body spacers and if so what performace wise did you notice. Im thinking of putting on a throttle body spacer as well as putting on a KandN filter.. Also fixing to do plugs and the like since I have almost 40k on her.. Im just wondering if the spacer would be worth it.

Sincerly
Calvin
82 CJ7 4.2
02 TJ 4.0

its a waste of money. the filter isnt a bad investment, the spacer is a waste.

I put a TBS on my 4-banger '94 and couldn't tell much difference except that it pulls uphill better, and can maintain speed better in a head wind. I've also noticed that I don't have to slip the clutch as much to take off from a dead start....it picks up better in the lower RPM range.

st the TBS you wont notice, but if you are doing all of the other upgrades, it will give that little extra. the way i see it is every little bit helps. im planing on doing the same type of mods to my 91 yj, and im going to get the spirel bored airaid TBS

I have a TBS as part of the modifications to the 4.0 in my YJ, I also documented power gains with different mods by using a friend chassis dyno, I got better torque gains with the TBS than I did with a borla cat back, and an equal amount of HP so... to say it is a waste of more is pretty rediculous, when in fact it provided more power per dollar than the cat back.

Back