TFI Ignition Upgrade - Canister Coil ???

RaleighDodger

I am in the process of selecting parts for this upgrade; everything is decided except the coil. I prefer to use a canister coil so I can reuse my stock coil bracket. Terry's parts list has F503Z AC Delco coil....I have found a F502Z (Ford F-150 300 CID I-6) that is a canister type but I do not know if it provides the higher voltage output. Can any of you confirm the AC Delco F502Z provides the desired higher output or suggest another canister coil that provides the higher voltage output?

Thanks!
RaleighDodger :???:

Get the MSD Blaster coil. About the same price as a TFI coil, is a canister type, and puts out the power.....

I found that some of the part numbers I found online for the TFI coil were cannister and some the other, whatever it would be called. All the TFI upgrade pictures I have seen are of the other variety, and given that it would be much easier for us 258'ers to use a cannister type, I have made the assumption that the cannister type part numbers are wrong. I could be wrong... It just doesn't seem like those two different types of coils could be the same.

Back