XJ headliner

jaymz77

To make a long story short, I had to ditch my YJ with a freshly swapped Chevy engine, at school in Texas so I could come home to Portland, Oregon. For the summer I am driving an 87 XJ powered by 6 angry squirrels. The only problem is the headliner has come unglued and is hanging down in my face when I drive. I'm sure this is a common problem but not exactly sure what to do about it. I've entertained the idea of just ripping the headliner out, 'cause after all it's just an XJ.:purple: However, I figured no headliner would lower the resale value a lot. Is there anyway to reglue the liner?

I might start missing my YJ and just take the sawzall to the roof.:lol: A convertible XJ with a full roll cage sounds nice.:sawzall: :welder:

3m has a headliner glue you in a spray can, you will have to take the trim off one of the sides so you can spray the glue in where the head liner has came unglued, don't use to much or it will seep through. then just push it up if there is alot of it haning down and don't want to hold it's self up use some push tacs to hold it in place while it dries, if it has been haning for awhile and is streched you will have to remove more of the trim to get it so it don't have wrinkles and what not then just cut the excess off when it is all dried. Hope that helps you out, you should be able to find the headliner glue at autozone or where ever.

Back