Sway bar link

geopig

Well I just seem to have the hardest time with the seemingly simplest tasks. :( So I went to put on my new JKS quick disconnects this afternoon and for the life of me I could not get the darned old sway bar links removed from the swaybar. The top bolt, that goes through the link and then through the swaybar, will not budge on either side.

Are there any tricks to doing this, i.e., jacking vs. not, etc? I'm gonna go for a 2x4 and a BFH tomorrow but was curious to know if there are any other tricks.

PB Blaster, some time, and a breaker bar if all else fails.

I just took a propane torch to melt out the old bushing, then a sawzaw to the bolt. Replaced it with a grade 8 standard bolt. That was after trying with PB Blaster, tie rod seperator, breaker bar.

Last edited:
i just ditched all the sway bar stuff... and track bar... and rear track bar and bump stops... and... (funny how my jeep still handles as well as stock... or better)

BFH and 2x4 should work, if you have to use a propane torch and heat up the bolt, may burn the bushings out but wtf you are replacing the bar right? well wish you luck on it let us know how it goes.:sawzall: :flamethro :spank:

Yeah, I'll PB it for a couple of days and give it another shot later in the week with a BFH and 2x4 backin' me up. Hopefully my next post will reek of success.

Back