Sound bar

jaymz77

I've never ridden in a Jeep with a soundbar. Are they worth it? I almost never drive with a top or doors and am getting really tired of hearing nothing but wind blasting past my ears and distorted speakers. I'll probably build my own bar out of stainless steel and fit my own speakers in it. However, I want to know if this project is worth my time or if soundbars usually have major issues before I start.

Our Jeep (97 TJ) came with a sound bar and stock stereo. We LOVE the soundbar. We pretty much only go topless in the summer & can hear it great. The kid ride in the back & love it too. We previously drove a Scout II with the top off & no sound bar....mostly heard wind, etc., didn't like it.

I bought some Soundwedges for my YJ and put in 240 watt Pioneer 6x9 triax speakers with a cheapo WalMart 200watt amp, and I don't ever hear wind and road noise anymore...they're great!

i would feel kind of uneasy knowing that someone could reek havok on my speakers cause my doors don't lock...am i over reacting??

yes you are, get a sound bar you wont regret it, all youll hear are fine tunes BOI!

pilgrimninja17 said:
i would feel kind of uneasy knowing that someone could reek havok on my speakers cause my doors don't lock...am i over reacting??

That's why I am building my own bar out of steel and will probably bolt it straight into my roll cage. I definetely overreact when it comes to security in my Jeep.

yeah fo sheezy...i would too if i had some extra sheet metal and a mig welder, hahaha

jaymz77 said:
That's why I am building my own bar out of steel and will probably bolt it straight into my roll cage. I definetely overreact when it comes to security in my Jeep.

yeah fo sheezy...i would too if i had some extra sheet metal and a mig welder, hahaha

pilgrimninja17 said:
If you're worried about theft sell the jeep. Also, a sound bar is well worth the money. I've even added a speaker for my c.b.

dads95yj said:
If you're worried about theft sell the jeep. Also, a sound bar is well worth the money. I've even added a speaker for my c.b.

Yup, that's why everything in the Jeep as far as sound system goes is El Cheapo (except for the Pioneer speakers). And I never lock it....

I also put an external CB speaker in my Jeep, only it's mounted in the change tray between the seat backs on the console. Made a world of difference. Now I can plug it into the CB or the scanner, depending on what I'm doing and where I'm going.

Back