2003 TJ Auto ???

aajetmech

Anyone know anything good or bad about the new 42RLE 4spd auto in the 2003 TJ.Anyone know where I can get a deep pan for one.I have not been able to find out anything about it other than the gear ratios. 4th gear is a nice overdrive .69 to 1 suppose to drop cruise rpm by 400. Any info would be appreciatated THANKS
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Come on there has to be a Transmission Guru out there somewhere, Help I need enlightenment.
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I don't know much about that particualr transmission, but from what I know the jeep auto transmissions have been known to be pretty stout...the manuals tend to go out sooner than the auto transmissions. Much info is not out yet on that trans simply because its so new. Now if you had said like TF999 or 32RH I could tell you about those. For a deep pan I would check out the parts stores...not much may be available yet...in a couple years I am sure they will. By that time people will know the relative strengths and weaknesses of the transmission and more info will be available.[addsig]

I have the 32rh and the thing is such a dog... it takes weeks to shift and downshifts are quite crappy...I just think i will never buy an auto ever again[addsig]

Back