Body lift

blackjeep24

If i am looking to gain only 1"-2" on my Jeep should I invest in the $90 body lift(polyurethane) or should I get the leaf spring lift?

Performance Accessories makes a nice body lift kit that replaces the oem body mounts.

Or you can do the NHL 1" body lift for around $25.

I wouldn't go more than 1" on the body lift, any more is unsightly and can add a lot of stress to the body bolts and mounts.

Most spring kits are 2.5" minimum, cost more than a body lift, and generally require more modifications or changing of parts.

A body lift is a good first mod thats cheap and you can put bigger tires on it. I will agree dont go more then 2" then it really doesnt look good if all you have is a body lift and it does put stress on the bolts. If you plan to keep the jeep then do it the right way first time. Think about what you are going to use it for then fig out what tire size you want then think of the kit you want to spend the money on. cheap way or the right way. we all have done it I still have a 2 inch lift on my 2003 Rubicon now It in the shop getting a new lift on it wish I would have just done it the right wat the first time.

I say get the leaf spring lift. I don't like body lifts.
That is just my personal preference. With a suspension lift you get extra clearance at the frame not just at the wheelwells for bigger tires.

If I never planned on using my Jeep off road, I would do a body lift.

IMO body lifts are fine for a little extra tire clearance once the suspension is setup to you likeing. A benefit is that it does not raise your center of gravity near as much as a suspension lift of equal height, since you're not raising the frame and drivetrain.

And allows raising of the drivetrain when used in conjunction with a belly-up skid and motor mount lift (MML). They have thier place.

Back