time for more lift..which one ?

black87yj

ok, had a good garage sale and sold stuff that i DID NOT want to part with ..but hey , i need more lift. gotta do what i gotta do right ? now i know all you guys and gals have real rocks to climb and all i have is mud and snow here in wisconsin but can you help me pick something out ? (I feel like a red headed step child sometimes in these forums)
i found a fab tec add for 3.5 inches w/srings shocks and t case and trac bar re-locates. 337.00 + shipping
rough country 4 inch with same for 425.00+ shipping
AAL with socks for 2 inch lift 227.00
rustys 4 inch for 420.00 + shipping
my 87 laredo rides on 32x10.5s with no rubbing now. ( 2.5 b lift)
springs look stock. shocks are stock
also i have a 17 inch drive shaft that i can swap for the 15 rear to help offset a lift. will i need to add a cv ?:?|
my budget is under 500.00......yeah i know i'm cheap !
thanks in advance !

I would go with the fabtech first choice, rusty's second...or shop around for bds or re, keep a watch on ebay. With that much lift the stock drive shaft should be fine, only going to need a cv or longer shaft if you get much above 4" of lift...

If you plan on keeping the 2.5 BL then you won't need much. I'd suggest a 2.5" kit that will give you what you need to clear the bigger tires, but not be high enough to cause steering and driveline mods. Another thing to consider is a 4" spring lift and a 2.5" Bl will net you a whopping 6.5" of lift. That's a bit excessive for 32's.

While you are on a budget, I'd suggest getting the best quality spring you can afford. Maybe even wait until the budget gets a little bigger if you can't afford good springs right now. When buying springs you must remember that every bump in the road will remind you of how much you saved ;)

Not trying to burst a bubble, just throwing a couple ideas your way. Maybe get a 4" Rusty's kit and remove or reduce the body lift some? 4" will easily clear 32's ;)

Back