Looking for information on stroking a 4.0

camarocal

I was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with stroking a 4.0 to a 4.5-4.7? From what I have read in a couple of articles on the internet this is a pretty simple thing to do. However I haven't seen or heard much about it on this forum. If anyone out there has built one I am interested in their feedback good or bad, along with any problems you encountered. I am fairly new to this site but have read several posts that have sent me in the right direction. I would like all the information I can get before I tackle this project. Just FYI I am very mechanically inclined and have worked in an automotive machine shop so I am very familiar with the interworkings of the internal combustion engine.

Pick up the latest edition of Four Wheeler mag, it goes into great detail on stroking the 4.0L. Bet google could find a ton as well.

Thanks. I have read a ton of articles, I just wanted to know if anyone had personally done this and what the results were. Articles in magazines are notorious for making things look and sound easier than they are. I am gathering parts now to start mine.

Back