Time for new tires....what do you think of these?

montana_jeepn

I am replacing the 33 x 12.5 Yokohama Geolandar II's on my TJ and am trying to decide on a new tire. Below are the tires I am looking at and I am leaning toward the BFGoodrich's. I do a lot of highway driving so that is something to take into account. Any suggestions?

Firestone Destination A/T
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO
Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S
Dunlop Radial Rover RVXT
Bridgestone Dueler A/T D693

I'd look at the Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTX tires, Pro Comp All Terrain, Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ Radial Tires. They are all around the same price as the BFG A/T. My friend's dad has Mickey Thompson Baja Claws on his Rubicon and they are more of an aggressive off road tire but they ride nice on the highway.

I am leaning toward the BFGoodrich's.

I think you making a good choice there, JP magazine rated them three tires out of four on street,snow and rock ( think they rated only a two in Mud ). I am sorta considering them and Toyo's myself for the next set of shoes for my jeep.

I'd look at the Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTX tires, Pro Comp All Terrain, Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ Radial Tires. They are all around the same price as the BFG A/T.
Micky 'T' 's are an alright tire for desert off roading (sand, rock and thin packed mud) but there a bit too soft for highway life. There only a 25-30K highway tire. JP rated them a 4+ on rocks but only gave them a 1.5 for highway uses because of the soft compounds

My friend's dad has Mickey Thompson Baja Claws on his Rubicon and they are more of an aggressive off road tire but they ride nice on the highway.

I have heard the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials are very civilized on the highway... Can anyone tell me how they handle the mud and wet pavement? I am looking at these as good options for when I upgrade to 33" (maybe in a year or so). Also looking at BFG MT MK2 (I still got enough tires left on the current HTs to be able to wait till they come out with 33 size).

Felipe

Thanks for the replies! I went ahead and ordered the 33x12.5 MT ATZ Plus's(the 5 rib model) and will be mounting them on a new set of 15x8 procomp soft 8's. Thanks again!

The BFG AT/KO's are my favorite all terrain. I just put a new set on my F250 three weeks ago. They ride great.
I'm pretty impressed with BFG in general. I just took the original set of BFG Rugged Trail TA's off my Ford at 64k miles. They weren't even down to the wear bars, I just got tired of trying to wear them out with a new set of AT's in the garage.
I had another set of BFG AT/KO's on my old Suburban and they lasted a long time too. Good even wear, great mileage and excellent traction...I would have to say one of the best all around tires.
For straight trail action, I have to go with Interco's...hands down.

A couple of months ago there was a special promo for 4 Mickey Thompsons MT's (33's) with steel black wheels for $699 or something like that... I thought that was a pretty good deal, but moved to slow to take advantage of it (a good thing, though, cause now with the daughter on her way to this world, I have come to realize that my Birth Budget was really on the wishful thinking side!).

Back