Jeep seats

JMullineaux

I am looking to put new seats in my jeep but I don’t know what is good and bad
Can you guys help me out? please leave links

The only aftermarket Jeep seats I can comment on are the older style Bestop super seats and those one piece black plastic racing buckets like you can get from Summit Racing. The Bestop seats are okay. Kind of on the firm side, but the padding and covers are durable.

My favorite seats are the OEM stuff out of little imports and sports cars. If you don't mind doing a little rigging to get them in the Jeep, like making plates/brackets to join them to your stock seat mount and sliders, then the junkyard is a great place to find replacement seats. I like Honda seats. I can get them cheap from a guy who runs a Honda repair shop, plus the ones from the sportier cars are well formed and low profile.

I've even used the rear bench seat out of a Chevy Astro van in the front of a CJ before.:funny: It was comfortable...

I bought some ProComp Super Seats from 4Wheel Parts. They look like Bestops. The order said ProComp but they came in an Outback by Smittybuilt box. Regardless, I have been very happy with them.

I bought a pair of those outback seats (heated) about 4 years ago and they've held up pretty good. I think I paid a little more for the pair than what Bestop wanted for 1 seat.

I've even used the rear bench seat out of a Chevy Astro van in the front of a CJ before.:funny: It was comfortable...

When I was younger my parents had a late 80s/very early 90s Astro van, and speaking from experience, it may have been comfortable, but I wouldn't want to be in an accident in it :).

Back