Problems with my CJ5

lostnwoodscj5

Hey everypne new here just wanting some help and learn some new things. Well here goes nothing.

I have a 1978 CJ5. I put my foot on the brake and my right front turn signal light comes on. Now my turnsignals work great. Just that light coming on. Next. I need power brakes and steering. For the brakes do I just need a brake booster and master cylender off of a Stock PB system? And for the power steering and tilt what years will bolt right on? Will CJ7's bolt right up? Pump,Gearbox Steering column and Shaft. Well thanks for what you can help me with.[addsig]

when the light turns on with the brake... does it flash or does it turn on solid?... it just sounds like a weird wiring problem... check for bare/rubbed/exposed wires and bad grounds. its gotta be something along the lines of an electrical connection, but finding it is gonna be the fun part![addsig]

On that topic, but off topic.... On new year's eve... I saw a number of kids stranded in a parking lot with their hood up on a buick. I decided to play hero and go see what was up. It didnt seem quite normal to have black smoke coming from the alternator... so I told them they were pretty much SOL... I pulled next to them and gave them a jump. Then I followed them halfway to where they had to go.... and while doing that... I saw that their third brake light was constantly on. hmmmmmm first clue right there.... then when we were half way there... I flashed them to pull over. I figured if we could get half way there with 1 jump... they could get the rest of the way with another jump.... so while jumping them again... they left their turn signal on..... hmmmm i know the turn signal is supposed to make the indicator lights flash.... but the interior lights, underhood lights, and instrument panel??? That's the alternator problem right there. I sent him on his way with a full battery and some advice to get a new alty and get rewired.... then to buy a Jeep (then at least he can expect to have problems and be prepared)[addsig]

Back