Wondering

redwrangler02

I know this will probably be a super dumb question to all of you out there who really know your stuff, but I recently bought this tj after my other got totaled, and it came with some sort of a lift kit and 33's and was wondering if you could tell me by looking at some photos what kinda lift i have? I saw from Terry's post about the RE spacer lift, which mine looks similar to i suppose, but the only thing is, my shocks appear to be stock diamler chrystler shocks, with the little emblem right on the side. Dunno what to make of that unless you can do a lift with the same shocks?

Attachments

• FrontDriver1.JPG
    FrontDriver1.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 44
  • FrontDriver2.JPG
    FrontDriver2.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 54
  • RearDriver1.JPG
    RearDriver1.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 42
  • RearDriver2.JPG
    RearDriver2.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 52

You can, you have a spacer lift and the guy just used the stock shocks. He may have gotten some shocks off a Rubicon or something, but they're probably slightly shorter than they should be.

thats exactly what you have is a spacer lift 2 inch with stock shocks its possable as you see on yours but you should get a little longer shock available at any parts store

Short shocks would limit your amount of total travel. Check out sites like Quadratec or 4WD. You can find out everything you need to know there.

I've never seen green springs on any wrangler, even a green one. I'd bet those are some sort of aftermarket spring? however, I agree that the shocks are likely too short.

Ha yeah, the color of the coils kinda bother me, considering I have a red jeep. I have a lovely christmas jeep lol. I guess the guy who sold me the jeep lied as well, he said there was a 3 inch lift. Guess ya cant trust everyone.

Ha yeah, the color of the coils kinda bother me, considering I have a red jeep. I have a lovely christmas jeep lol. I guess the guy who sold me the jeep lied as well, he said there was a 3 inch lift. Guess ya cant trust everyone.

He could have had some springs off a Rubicon. They're good for an inch of lift. So that plus the spacers would give you three inches.

Back