heat/AC fan only works on high..??

Abutterfly

This is not a major problem but it's irritating me. :evil:

I had the AC on the other day ( I know I know... )and all of a sudden it got really hot in there. The kids began to rag about it so I figured out that the blower fan took a poop....only works on high/hurricane setting now .. the first three "notches" blow nothing. It's all fine and dandy, and I can still use it on the highest setting BUT, you can't hear ANYTHING with it on high.. it's deafening...you can't hear anyone talking... or anything going on outside the Jeep, like Police sirens coming for me or whatever.... :purple: so, can I fix this or do I need to shell out to the Stealership? All of a sudden it just cut out... why would "high" still work but not the three other settings? Strange.....

Before you ask, I did try the ole " pound it real hard with your fist" trick and that didn't work, so forget that. Any suggestions??

check for a ground. My wipers will work like heck on high, but unless the ground wire on the switch is hooked up I get no lower speeds. On the CJ heaters there is a resistor for lower speeds, and that would be another place to look.

Normally when the blower is only working on low or high it's more than likely your BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR, just putting my.2 cents in!!

AHHH yes the dreaded resistor pack. That thing is a total PITA to install.

Back