vacuum motor question

ryansmaid

THe vacuum motor in the dash of my 93 wrangler went bad and wont shut the defrost vent off. The Jeep dealer says that they don't make that part anymore and I can't find one at any of the salvage yards around here or on ebay, does anyone know if the cherokee (or any other model or year for that matter) vacuum motor will fit?

Thanks

Did the dealer do a parts search of all the other dealers in the nation?

You might try www.moparbiz.com or J&W Auto Wreckers: New & Used Jeep Parts which is located in Southern California.

I haven't heard of a vacuum motor before. I have a 95 and my controls are all cable operated. There is a small vacuum operated switch on the heater control assembly though.

the dealer did do a nationwide check and nobody has one, apparently they don't go out very often, and it is the vacuum associated with the heater controls. we had to take the whole dash apart just to get to it and now my baby just sits all dissected in the garage untill we can find the part :( The local jeep salvage yard is getting a new jeep in today so hopefully we can pull it off of that.

The ebay item may work, thanks for that!!

here is the elusive part:

Attachments

• vacuum.jpg
    vacuum.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 350
  • vacuum6.jpg
    vacuum6.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 283
  • vacuum7.jpg
    vacuum7.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 324

Well, we managed to find one finally!! Now my baby is back on the road.

Back