? About clutch kits

jetchey321

I appologize, but i'm mechanically challenged. Just bought a '94 YJ 5sp 2.5L. The guy I bought it from said he had just installed a brand new clutch kit. It's been fine for the month i've had it. Now, the clutch is "squishey" like you let it off the floor 1/4 inch and it's already engaging. Very loose. Seems to get better as I use it....what should I look for/do about it. I checked the fluid....Felt like it would've been low, but it checked out fine? Could it be air in the line? I hate to take it somewhere and get ripped off for something simple. Thanks in advance! :?|

If it's air in the line, it will improve if you pump many times quickly. Could also be a bad clutch master cylinder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for your help. Went to go to work last night....no pressure in the clutch pedal. Nothing.....well, the clutch master cylinder was shot...fluid running inside the cab as well as down the firewall. The install was fairly straight forward. However, it says on '94 and newer...the slave, and master come as a complete sealed unit. I have a '94, and looking at the slave, it looked good...so I just installed the master cylinder, bled it a bit...and now i'm in business. Funny thing is, everything about a '94 4cylinder was wrong with my rig. I'm set up like the Haynes manual says the 6 cylinder should be. External slave....on the driver side of transmission. Doesn't really matter, just found it odd? Anyhow...thanks for your advice and help! :D

Back