Anyone with a JK soft top leak?

jeepymagoo

I have a 2008 JK and my soft top leaks over the passenger door. This is my second top. My first top had an open stitch in the rear, so Jeep replaced it with this POS. I may be getting my third top soon. Jeep has been having problems with both tops since they changed the body. Anyone else?

Steve

If the water leak is coming from the door to A pillar, replacing the soft top will not fix the water leak.

I have a 2007 and it started leaking about a 1000 miles ago. I have seen a TSB for the leak and the noise but I am going to give it another month or so before I go in for it to see if other people have luck with it...

I have a 2007 and it started leaking about a 1000 miles ago. I have seen a TSB for the leak and the noise but I am going to give it another month or so before I go in for it to see if other people have luck with it...
. Susan, the succession rate on that TSB has been Really high. There are two Different area's that the water leak has been isolated to but to be determined on the Top you have on your Jeep if it's the Freedom Top or the Soft top. Either way, find a Chrysler Dealer that has a Five Star Rating. Hopefully, the Technician that diagnose your jeep would be Diligent enough to apply the TSB to that concern. Just in Case your interested, TSB 23-016-07 applies only to freedom top water leak. TSB 23-002-08 applies only to soft top water leak.

. Susan, the succession rate on that TSB has been Really high. There are two Different area's that the water leak has been isolated to but to be determined on the Top you have on your Jeep if it's the Freedom Top or the Soft top. Either way, find a Chrysler Dealer that has a Five Star Rating. Hopefully, the Technician that diagnose your jeep would be Diligent enough to apply the TSB to that concern. Just in Case your interested, TSB 23-016-07 applies only to freedom top water leak. TSB 23-002-08 applies only to soft top water leak.

Thanks Mike. I have the soft top and it is leaking on the passenger side. I guess I will take her on in and let them have a shot at it....

I use a Five Star dealer but the last time I complained about the wind noise the service writer said "it's a jeep thing"....I was to tired to fight with him.

Last edited:

I use a Five Star dealer but the last time I complained about the wind noise the service writer said "it's a jeep thing"....I was to tired to fight with him.
There is a Separate TSB on the wind noise. i can get you the number for that as well.

Mine leaks a little on the drivers side, but not enough to have to deal with the dealership! It took them 3 hours to change my oil (the price was too good to pass up) I can only imagine how long it would take to solve that small problem.

i have a 2007 jk and i've noticed that when it rains heavy I often find some water in the front seat passenger side.

Third time is the charm! So I finally took my jeep in for the wind noise and leaking on the passenger side. The first time in of course they did not have the parts, so I made another appointment to take her in when once they got ordered.

Dropped her off the second time and was able to pick her up around noon. Once I got in the jeep the noise was just as bad just a different tone and once it rained I found that the drivers side was now pouring in water (it did not leak before I took it in) but the passenger side was better.

So I take her back in this morning. The service writer came out when he saw me and ask if I was ready to get the new header...WTF...!!! no one said it was not fixed when I picked her up last week. :x I asked him what he was talking about and he informed me that the wrong part was ordered last week and they had re-ordered the correct part.

So I did leave her and let them work on her again. Well I must say when I picked her up this afternoon the top was quieter than when I bought her. Not sure about the leaking, I'll have to wait for rain but at least I can talk now without having to shout....

Even though the outcome was good I would really like to know what has happened to customer service. If I had not been upset about the sound and leak still happening I would have never known that they did not repair it the last time in.

Happy to report that Chrysler is replacing my vehicle at no cost to me. No depreciation, or mileage penalty. MSRP to MSRP swap. I am only responsible for additional cost of the vehicle I choose. Better than using the lemon law.

Well it rained today and it is still leaking. I guess I will take her in one more time, then if that does not work I'll do it myself!

I have a 2008 two door with both a 3 piece hard top and a soft top. The hard top never leaks, well until you open the door, in which case it floods in from the rain gutter. But, the soft top leaks over both doors. It did not leak when I first got it. I noticed that when I install the door surrounds that there is a little rubber flap that must be positioned on the outside of the surround in order not to leak. In switching from hard to soft tops I must have deformed it, because now it will not lay flat and as a result also leaks.

Back