Whats a good cheap winch comparison website?

YuriSouder

i am looking at gorilla and raymart winches right now and want to see what the best one is for under $400 with everything

I bought a 8000lb champion electric winch from Tractor Supply for $399. I couldn't see spending over $500 bucks for something I might never use.

If you're looking to spend under 400, you're likely not going to be using it very much, right? Can't go worng with a mile marker in the 300-400 price range. The only advice I have is spend 15-20 more bucks and buy it from someone local, not a mail order catalog. If you have problems with it, hauling that heavy box back to the post office is a royal pain in the butt, especially when the company's customer service sucks!

Hey, I have a Gorilla 12,000lb wireless on my gooseneck and I winch on caterpillar machinery all the time. Works awesome. Also a 8,000lb on my jeep also works great. Ill tell you now that the cable isnt worth a crap though. Switched out the 8,000lb W/ synthetic and the 12,000lb with flex core wire from AW Direct. Anyway no complaints from me. Good luck

Is it necessary to change out the bumper if you put a winch on? I've noticed a fair number of people have those bumpers that basically have a bar that comes over top of the winch. Is this just to act as a protector?

Not saying anything about any particular winch. Keep in mind though that when you do NEED it--- it needs to work 100%.

A long time ago (93-94ish) I had what I would call an inexpensive winch. Got stuck up in the Panamint mountains-- a long way from anywhere and in the days we just carried beepers, not call phones.

I ended up overnighting because my budget winch failed and the extraction was a substantial ordel. Fortunately I was equipped for camping and my date eventually became my wife, but I'm an advpcate now of only buying proven quality when it comes to certain pieces of equipment.

Just make sure what you get will when when you need it. You use a winch when all else has failed... and it can't.

Thats a good choice. You probebly want to change the cable out though. Its not very good. It frays very easy. Good luck

I also believe that you get what you pay for. but I have toured the superwinch manufacturing facility and I think they make a better product than warn does. As for gorrila, Black Mtn winch or any cheap winch for that matter, most if not all are made by the same chinese company and are simply re-labled and or re-cased for different companies.

The Smittybilt XRC8 winch has served me well. I mounted the control box under the hood. It makes for a nice clean look on the front of the Jeep. I run a warn on my trail rig, but use this XRC8 on my daily driver.

Back